16 May 2009

Why Do I Always Feel Guilty? By Mary Whelchel

(Breaking Free From What Weighs You Down)

Page 11 ~ “A life burdened under a load of guilt is not the abundant life that Jesus came to give us. Guilt steals our joy, hinders our productivity, interrupts our peace, harms our relationships, and worst of all, makes us self-focused. When I’m feeling guilty, I’m thinking about myself; and when I think about myself very much, it always leads to dissatisfaction and discontent.”

Page 12 ~ “Guilt is both a fact and a feeling. It is possible to be guilty without feeling guilty. It is possibly to feel guilty without being guilty. And obviously, it is possibly to be guilty and feel guilty. No doubt, we have all experienced these three conditions.

Whelchel, Mary. Why Do I Always Feel Guilty? Harvest House Publishers: Oregon. 2007. ISNB# 0-7369-1890-6

No comments: