15 March 2008

Love Has a Price Tag by Elizabeth Elliot

Chapter 2, pages 29-30 ~ “I had not at all be prepared for the impact that Jerusalem had upon me. I was overpowered. It was in this city, inside and outside it’s walls, that the events took place that altered the whole course of history. The crucifixion, said Dorothy Sayers, was after all ‘the only thing that ever really happened.’ I knew all of this before I went, of course, but I simply was not prepared for what it did to me when I finally actually stood on that ground.”

Chapter 3, page 37 ~ “Aristotle said that the purpose of education is to make the pupil like or dislike what he ought. To be educated is to be able to make distinctions. But we are being educated nowadays to believe that distinctions are to be deplored. What you like or dislike has nothing whatever to do with the object. It’s merely a matter of taste.”

Elliot, Elizabeth. Love Has a Price Tag. Regal Books from Gospel Light: Calif. 1979. ISBN # 0-8307-3688-3

No comments: